Hunsdon Village, Hertfordshire
Calling all families with young people aged 6 to 14 It’s time to join our group so you don’t miss out on the fun planned for this year!
- Drop us an email
- We send you a simple form
- You provide a few contact and health details so we can keep your child safe and happy
- Come for a free trial session
- We invoice you later (current rates £3.20 per session paid termly half way through the term)
- Book on to events on a pay as you go basis
Who we are
As Scouts we prepare young people with skills for life. We encourage young people to do and learn more. Each week we help over 460,000 young people aged 6-18 enjoy fun and adventure while developing the skills they need to succeed, now and in the future. We’re talking about teamwork, leadership and resilience – skills that have helped Scouts become everything from teachers and social workers, to astronauts and Olympians. We help young people develop and improve key life skills. We believe in bringing people together.
What we do
Hunsdon Scout Group has 3 sections offering scouting for girls and boys from age 6 to 14. The group is run by a leader team of 12 adult volunteers, 3 young leaders, and several more volunteers who form our Group Executive Committee. We have youth members from Hunsdon, Widford, Wareside, Harlow, Roydon.
Here’s just some of what we do:
- Camping: in tents or bunk-bedded rooms in lodges, with a group of friends, cosy, exciting and lots of fun
- Activity days: adventurous things like climbing, kayaking, abseiling, 3D maze, giant zip wires, rope courses, and raft building, as well as plain outdoor fun building shelters, lighting fires, pond dipping, trails, and hiking
- Cooking: bake cookies, roast chicken on fires, make camp dampers and smores, make your own garlic bread and chocolate waffles and sit round the campfire to enjoy them at the end of a busy day
- Badges galore: first aid, sailing, home help, disability awareness, entertainer, DIY, music, animal friend, local knowledge, athletics, artist, astronomer, team leader, science, naturalist and more – there really is a badge to suit you all
- Parades: Remembrance Day and St Georges Day – wonderful occasions out in the community
- Outings: Golf evenings, water sports, Bayfordbury Observatory, miniature railways, Paradise Park
- Visitors: First aid training, pottery painting, Karate demo, meet a Guide Dog or Hearing Dog, learn about the Air Ambulance service, and many more
- Sleepovers: festive sleepovers in the Village Hall or local schools and community centres with activities, themed events like our ‘Homeless Sleepover’ and ‘Drive-in Movie Sleepover’ and even trips to HMS Belfast or the Golden Hind for once in a lifetime sleepovers
- District fun events: a fun-packed day to celebrate Founders Day for just £3, the unique go karting event for Cubs (you won’t get to do this anywhere else!), Beavers’ Easter Egg hunt, Cubs Fun Run and a night hike with films and hotdogs included!
- District and County level competitions: hikes, lightweight camping and Oxley Shield camping competitions, green beret, cyclocross, swimming galas, bushcraft, water activities.
If you want to make contact and need the link information please send an email to email@example.com